Some would laugh at the very question. Many within the Powerful and Elite would snicker and scoff at the mention of it, especially those who have been privy to attend the meetings of this secretive society. When the stray reporter may ask about Bilderberg, which is very rare at best, be sure the Reporter will be made to look like an idiot and conspiracy theorist.
But, there are facts about this group that you will never hear. The main stream news and media outlets will never report on a Bilderberg Conference, nor on the people that are found to have attended.
Founded in 1954 by Jozef Retinger, the first meeting was held at the Hotel De Bilderberg in the Netherlands, from which the group took it's now infamous name. Retinger was made Secretary of the group until his death in 1960. Retinger was also an advocate for a unified Europe, and founded the European Movement and the Council of Europe. The founding of the European Movement led to the European Union as we know today.
So what was the reason for the Conferences to begin with?
It was to promote what is known as Atlanticism, the idea of partnership and cooperation among European and North American countries. This idea led to groups like NATO, which is a birth child of Atlanticism.
What do we know about the Bilderberg Group?
The truth is, just what they want us to know and what has been smuggled out of the conferences by some brave souls. The rules for a Bilderberg Attendee is basically this, "Whatever is said or done at the conference never leaves the conference". The strict adherence to that rule has led to very little being told by those who have been there. They just don't talk.
Now let me make clear that the Bilderberg Group is not a group that just anyone will get into. It is the most Elite and Powerful people on the planet. Those who are involved in Banking, Corporations, News and Media Agencies, Politics and Academia are the ones who make the guest lists each year. Usually, there are 100 to 150 people who are invited to attend. These people are chosen by a steering committee with two members each from what is believed to be around 18 nations. An Advisory Committee also exists, but "Membership" per se, is not in the Bilderberg rules, though I suppose you could say that if you have attended, then you are a member.
That is but a brief synopsis of the group. The fact is, to get into an in depth discussion of this group would take more space than I have available. So I am going to outline some of the things we do know, and are rumored, about the Bilderberg Group.
1. They are the "Elite" of our society. From Bankers, Corporate CEO's, Politicians, Media and News and Academia.
2. Of those who have been in attendance from the US is Henry Kissinger, David Rockefeller and Bill Clinton. These are but a few, there are many, many more, including sitting Congressmen and Senators.
3. Many of the members have overlapping powers in the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission, two of the most secretive and powerful groups in Washington DC, headed by those who are not even elected to power by the people, yet they have the power to bend legislation to their will.
4. Many of the hierarchy of the group have ties to big oil and pharmaceuticals. David Rockefeller, a long standing member of Bilderberg, in partnership with JP Morgan Chase, owns over half of the pharmaceutical interest in the US.
5. Corporate Heads from Shell, Exxon, Nokia, Coca-Cola and other large corporations have been in attendance as well.
6. Rumors have surfaced in the past that a cure for cancer was suppressed by the Bilderberg Group because of its member ties to the multi-billion dollar drug industry. Cancer is big business, generating billions in drug sales just in the US. it is also rumored that oil prices have risen and fallen in price according to the whims and wishes of big oil CEO's for the purposes of the Bilderberg Group and their agenda.
7. NAFTA and the WTO (World Trade Organization) were all idea's that came from Bilderberg. It was not to bring other nations into equal trade and access with the United States, but it was to allow Corporations to have open doors to send American manufacturing jobs overseas. NAFTA was designed to bring America down to third world levels, not raise third world countries up to ours. So far, that plan has succeeded.
8. Bilderberg has used it power to start wars and "Overthrow" those who did not line up with their philosophy.
9. President Obama, while on the campaign trail in Virginia, suddenly left his plane during a stop there, leaving the reporters and media people to ask Robert Gibbs where he had gone. Robert Gibbs replied if he wanted them to know, he would tell them when he returned. Bilderberg was meeting at the time in Chantilly, VA. It is believed by many that Obama was summoned to the Conference to receive the "Blessing" of the Bilderbergs.
The last four are just rumors that have surfaced from the most credible sources on the subject, but how much of this could be the truth?
When you have annual meetings with the 100 to 150 of the world's most "Elite", security provided by the military, the CIA and Secret Service agencies from around the world, complete with media blackout of the event, though some in attendance are members and heads of the media, what could possibly come out of this? Do you suppose they are just playing gin rummy and drinking scotch? Highly doubtful.
Is the Bilderberg Group responsible for some of the things mentioned previously? Are they steering the course of nations through their annual meetings? Is this group working to bring forth a New World Order or a One World Government?
Here are some great links to a couple of websites that track what the Bilderberg Group has been up to. Some very good reading and some deeper thoughts on the subject. Check it out and decide for yourself.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke